Information for supporting members
The Physical Society of Japan (JPS) is an academic society dedicated to the advancement and promotion of physics and contributes to the development of science in Japan by presenting research on physics and its applications, exchanging knowledge, and strengthening cooperation among members and with partners in Japan and abroad (Membership: about 16,000).
In order to achieve these objectives, JPS is developing and engaging in a variety of activities, such as the organization of Annual Meetings, Spring/Autumn Meetings, Branch Meetings, Online Physics Lectures, Public Lectures and other academic meetings, and also publishes Nihon Butsuri Gakkaishi (Butsuri), European language-based journals, and other publications.
We sincerely hope that applicants will agree with the objectives, projects and activities of JPS as described above and join us as a supporting member.
Both groups and individuals can become supporting members.
You can find a list of current supporting members here. (Japanese only)
Please download, fill out the application form, and send it by post or e-mail to the following address.
- Supporting Member Section, Physical Society of Japan
- 5F Yushima Urban Bldg., 2-31-22 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-0034, Japan
Applications are accepted at any time; however, the process can take from 1.5 to 2 months to complete, as the Board of Directors deliberates and decides on membership.
The rights and obligations of members of JPS are set forth in the "Constitution, Bylaws, Internal Regulation on Membership". Please read and agree to the terms and conditions before applying.
JPS will use the personal information collected within the scope needed to perform activities. For details, please see "Collection, Use and Management of Personal Information at JPS".
Membership dues are 35,000 yen per unit per year.
The number of journals that can be added depends on the number of units. Please apply for the number of units you want.
Benefits for supporting members
- Supporting members will receive copies of Nihon Butsuri Gakkaishi (Butsuri) (circulation: 16,000 copies), published monthly, and Physics Education in University, published three times a year.
- Additional copies of the journals below are available upon request, depending on the number of units.
- Nihon Butsuri Gakkaishi (Butsuri)
- Journal of the Physical Society of Japan (JPSJ) (with payments of four or more units)
- Physics Education in University
|Number of units||3-4||5-6||7-8||9-10||11-15||16-20||21-30||31-40||41-50||50 or more|
|Additional number of copies||1*||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
* When adding JPSJ, you will be granted the right to view JPSJ Online at the same time, upon request.
* Members who use JPSJ Online frequently may be asked to apply for a separate tiered subscription.
- Supporting members can participate in the Annual Meeting and Autumn (Spring) Meeting at member prices.
- In addition to having your name listed in Nihon Butsuri Gakkaishi (Butsuri), your name will be listed on the JPS website. We will also add a link to your company or organization's website, upon request.
- Supporting members may also purchase other JPS publications at member prices, and may browse our collection of books.
- Supporting members receive discounted rates for exhibition fees at meetings and advertising fees in journals.
- For more information on exhibition and advertising fees, please click here.(Japanese only)
* If you would like to become a supporting member as an individual, please use the application form (for individual members) (Japanese only)