To make changes to your membership or information, please visit
(If you do not know your ID or password, you can request them to be resent from the My Page screen.)
Please click here to learn more about eligibility for senior discounts and how to apply. (Japanese only)
Click here if you cannot make changes from My Page. (Japanese only)
If you are a supporting member and would like to change your address, please contact the Supporting Member Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing membership categories
Procedures for reducing membership dues for regular members (graduate students) and continuing status as student members (undergraduate students)
Regular members who are graduate students are eligible for reduced membership dues for the period in which their enrollment can be confirmed with the submission of a student certificate. Student members (undergraduate students) will continue to be eligible for membership as students for the period that their enrollment can be confirmed with the submission of a student certificate. Membership dues as a student member will apply during this period. However, if any of the following conditions apply, you must complete the procedures on My Page by September 30 for student membership dues to carry over to the following year (from January of the following year) or later (Bylaws, Article 6).
- Student member who joined as an undergraduate student and entered a graduate program this year
- Regular member (graduate student) who joined as a master's student and entered a doctoral course this year
- Regular member (graduate student) enrolled in a master's or doctoral program beyond the expected completion date
- Student member enrolled in an undergraduate course beyond the expected graduation year
- Regular member newly enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school this year
- Regular member who joined last year under conditions 1, 2, or 5 above, but did not complete procedures and is still enrolled in school
* Auditing students or research students are not eligible for reduced membership dues.
* If you do not follow prescribed procedures, you will not qualify for a reduction in your membership dues and must pay regular dues (at 12,000 yen/year) regardless of whether you are a graduate student or not. Student members (undergraduate students) will not be able to extend their student membership if the prescribed procedures are not followed.
* The submission deadline also applies to those who plan to enroll in school in October, so be sure to contact the Membership Section at email@example.com in advance.
* If a graduate school is a five-year integrated program, the procedure for reducing dues must be completed again by September 30 of the year that would mark the completion of the master's program.
Information on eligibility for discounts and benefits for senior members
If a regular member has been a member for 35 years or longer and is 65 years of age or older, they may request senior member discounts for reduced membership dues and are eligible for a subscription to JPSJ Online. This system is referred to as senior membership in the Bylaws of JPS. Specific benefits are listed below.
|1.||Dues:||12,000 yen for a regular member → 8,000 yen with senior member discount|
|2.||JPSJ Online subscription:||9,900 yen for a regular member → 5,500 yen with senior member discount|
In addition to the above qualifications, membership dues must be paid for said fiscal year to be eligible to apply for the senior member discounts.
The Board of Directors will approve applications for senior member discounts for the year after the year the application is submitted.
(For details, please refer to Article 8.2 and Article 17 of the Bylaws.)
To request eligibility, you must apply using the designated application form.
Please print out the file below, or ask the Membership Section to send the form.
If you have any questions about the length of your membership, please contact the Membership Section.
Membership Section, Physical Society of Japan
5F Yushima Urban Bldg., 2-31-22 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-0034, Japan Tel: +81-3-3816-6201
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.